- Are you one of those unflappable, no nonsense, want-to-make-a-difference kind of people?
- Are you passionate about seeing women transform their lives?
Wellington Women’s House is seeking a women-centred, well-organised Manager on a flexible/part-time basis.
If you have the following skills and experience we would love to hear from you:
- Experience of, and desire to, lead a small team of staff
- Experience of developing, maintaining and sustaining excellent relationships with partner organisations.
- Experience of working with Management Boards.
- Desirable to have knowledge of homelessness and its challenges, particularly in relation to women.
- Demonstrate sound judgement at all times.
- Comfortable with working with databases and technology.
Wellington Women’s House is a truly unique place: begun in 1992, the House is located in Mount Victoria and provides low-cost, comfortable, supported transitional accommodation to 16 women. The service is inclusive and secular.
The Manager will take overall responsibility for the provision of a safe, clean, supportive and culturally responsive environment for the residents. It reports into the Management Committee (a small group of volunteers who provide a governance and management role for the House). This will include leading a small team of staff (our Social Worker, Contract and Support Manager and Cleaner); overseeing the operations of the House; and building relationships with stakeholders, others in the sector and community to raise the profile of the House. The overarching purpose of this role is to deliver on the kaupapa of the House and our vision for every woman-identified individual having a home. This means all tasks and responsibilities must contribute to, and prioritise, that Kaupapa and we are looking for a self-starter who can proactively identify opportunities to achieve this purpose.
The role is for 24 hours a week, with some flexibility as to when these hours can be worked (eg school hours or flexibility of days/times of work). We value diversity in the workplace. We are open to considering applicants with varying experience from a range of sectors, provided you have a passion for making a difference to women experiencing homelessness and can demonstrate how you would apply your experience to achieve this purpose.