- Do you have a women-centric approach to your work?
- Are you passionate about supporting women experiencing homelessness in Wellington?
- Do you have a strong knowledge of communications, social networks and online platforms?
The Wellington Women’s House provides low-cost, temporary housing for women on low incomes or in transition. For more than twenty years, it has been home to women who need a safe place to stay, often at a difficult time in their lives. Our vision is that every person who identifies as a woman in Wellington has a safe and comfortable home that enables her to meet her needs.
Wellington Women’s House are seeking a passionate, confident and empathetic person for a pivotal role in our small team. This role is perfect for someone who can think on their feet, display kindness and compassion for women experiencing hardship, and adapt to a changing environment where no two days are ever the same.
The Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Supporting our Social Worker in working with our residents with regards to them finding employment, housing, upskilling, community connections and general support.
- Organising workshops and other events for the residents.
- Connecting with partners and other community organisations regarding support opportunities for the residents, donations, and fundraising events.
- Managing and growing the organisation’s social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other platforms
- Providing administration assistance when required
- Assisting the Manager and Social Worker in all work required to run the House and support our residents.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in an organisation working to mitigate homelessness for women. We prioritise the wellbeing of our staff and regular external supervision will be provided, as well as training and upskilling development opportunities.
This role will be 32 hours/week, and although most of the work will need to be done at the House, there will be scope for some flexibility to work from home. If you have bookkeeping experience, there may be the possibility of additional hours (as we are currently also seeking support in that area).
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter. Applications close 31 May, but we will be considering applications as they come in, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.